Tuesday, February 3, 2009

COLOR FOR A COLORFUL PERSON


This quilt was one I whipped up real quick when a coworker was diagnosed with a progressive brain tumor. She was always the one doing something crazy at work. Full of fun and made me laugh whenever I seen her. I wanted to get something to her that was bright but would still have space to sign by all the coworkers. I thought I had plenty of time to do this but for some reason, this quilt whipped together faster than I had ever quilted before. It was designed, cut and quilted all within a few days. Everyone at work signed it and presented it to her.

The sad part is, she passed away 8 weeks from the time she found out. Apparently there was a reason that quilt fell into place so quickly. I was so glad that she seen how many people really cared about her.

No comments:

Post a Comment